Ancillary Meeting Requests & Policy
HPBExpo is HPBA’s exciting and award-winning annual trade show that provides synergies between various stakeholders and attendee groups throughout the hearth, patio, and barbecue industries. HPBA works with a variety of organizations who wish to hold meetings or events in conjunction with HPBExpo.
HPBA uses a formal process for reviewing requests for these types of meetings to protect HPBExpo from any activities that detract from the industries’ premier annual expo, or that could undermine the investment made by its exhibitors, sponsors, attendees, and other stakeholders.
Requests for meetings held in conjunction with HPBExpo are managed on a case-by-case basis. HPBA has an ancillary meetings policy and specific guidelines for any approved meetings held in conjunction with HPBExpo.
STEPS FOR SUBMITTING AND APPROVAL OF ANCILLARY MEETING REQUESTS
- Read the HPBExpo Ancillary Meeting Policy and submit an Ancillary Meeting Request form online by January 15, 2024.
- Upon receipt, HPBA staff will review the request to determine whether the proposed event meets HPBA standards and requirements. In some cases, approval is required by the HPBA Board of Directors.
- Once approved, HPBA will contact the hotel(s) or convention center to secure a meeting room for the requested event.
- After approval and once the meeting space has been secured, HPBA will notify the organization that the request has been approved and which meeting room(s) has been assigned. Every effort will be made to notify the organization within 2-3 weeks after the event has been approved. Please note that the response time can vary depending on a multitude of factors including but not limited to event size, scheduling, board approval, and venue response time.
- The submitting organization will then work directly with the assigned venue and approved vendors to plan the event and work within the outlined HPBExpo Ancillary Meeting Policy.
Note: Groups that have already secured their own space should still complete the Ancillary Meeting Request Form.
HPBA is committed to giving your company the best experience. This includes show management working alongside you to maintain the integrity of our show and protect exhibitors from suitcasing. See our Suitcasing Policy.
Sign up now to receive important HPBExpo updates, industry news, and stay on top of valuable opportunities to grow your business at the hearth, patio, and barbecue’s largest showcase event in North America. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
HPBBExpo is open to trade only