General Information for Exhibitors
Exhibition: Tuesday, February 13 – Thursday, February 15
Education: Tuesday, February 13 – Thursday, February 15 (on the show floor)
- Tuesday, February 13: 10:00am* – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, February 14: 10:00am* – 5:00pm
- Thursday, February 15: 10:00am* – 3:00pm
*Exhibitors will have access to the show floor at 7:30am on Tuesday, February 13, and at 8:00am on Wednesday, February 14 and Thursday, February 15.
Show Hours are Subject to Change
Venue: Music City Center
201 Rep. John Lewis Way S, Nashville, TN 37203
Exhibits: Halls A-D – Level 3 of MCC
Material Handling Notice
All advanced shipments received at the Freeman warehouse, as well as all shipments received onsite or driven to the convention center/show site, will incur a material handling fee by the official general contractor, Freeman.
Exhibit materials that can be hand-carried in one trip from a legally parked vehicle by the exhibitor will not incur material handling fees. Dollies, hand trucks, or other means of wheeled transport are not permitted for hand-carry.
Cars, Mini-Vans, Small Pick-Up Trucks, Full-Size Vans, and Large Pick-Up trucks requiring use of the dock area will be unloaded by Freeman for the per-vehicle-load fee. Vehicles larger than a large pick-up truck, including those with trailers will be unloaded at the main dock at the published per hundred weight rates.
Advanced shipments to the Freeman warehouse will be delivered to the convention center/show site prior to the first published set-up time and will be available any time during regular set-up hours. Shipments delivered directly to the convention center must follow the Target Schedule outlined in the online Exhibitor Service Manual.
Set-up hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm, daily. Exhibitors who wish to remain in the hall after scheduled times may do so for a limited time, but will not be readmitted once they leave. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
All booths must be set up and ready for inspection by 5:00pm on Monday, February 12. Items left in the aisles after 5:00pm on this day are subject to removal by Freeman in order to lay aisle carpeting. NO setup hours on Tuesday, February 13.
- Linear booths will be set with an 8’ high back drape, 3’ high side dividers, and a 7”x44” one-line identification sign. Booths over 300 sq. ft. are not automatically set with signage, however, signs are available upon request. Side dividers are not automatically set on the ends of corner booths. The first night of vacuuming is also included.
- The exhibit area is NOT carpeted by show management. Exhibitors are required to provide carpeting or other floor covering. Aisles will be carpeted in black/grey “Tuxedo” carpet.
- Early move-in may be available on Friday, February 9 for a limited number of companies delivering DIRECTLY TO SHOW SITE (no warehouse early move-ins). An off-target fee will be charged by Freeman for early move-in.
- Targeted move-in for direct shipments begins Saturday, February 10*.
- Booth installation for warehouse shipments will be permitted beginning Saturday, February 10.
*Check Target Floor Plan online for your target date/time if shipping directly to the convention center. If you miss your Target, you may incur off-target charges.
Booth dismantling begins Thursday, February 15 at 3:00pm; crates in Freeman storage will be delivered as soon as possible, and no later than 10:00pm. It is not advisable to leave your booth unpacked and unmanned during this time period.
The show floor is accessible for tear-down:
Thursday, February 15 — 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday, February 16 — 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday, February 17 — 8:00am – 12:00pm*
*carriers must check in by 10:00am
NO tear-down or pack-ups allowed prior to 3:00pm on Thursday, February 15. Penalties apply for early tear-down.
- Move-outs on Saturday, February 17 will incur overtime charges for material handling by Freeman. During weekdays, overtime will be charged for services after 4:30pm.
- Exhibitors who wish to remain in the hall after the designated time on Thursday or Friday may do so for a limited time, but will not be readmitted.
- As a reminder, do not take anything from the exhibit floor that does not belong to you. Such activity can be recorded and will be considered as theft. Appropriate actions will be taken.
- All exhibits must be dismantled and moved out by the deadlines listed above. Any exhibits remaining will be packed and shipped by Freeman and will incur a charge for such.
- Entrances to the Exhibition floor will be placed under guards’ surveillance starting no later than 8:00am, Saturday, February 10. Service will continue until the halls have cleared, but no later than 12:00pm on Saturday, February 17.
- Exhibitors assume full responsibility for any loss of or damage to their property, including booth contents. Although HPBA show management will provide security at the entrances to the exhibit floor, such security is not designed to protect the contents of the exhibit booths. Exhibitors are advised to pack up all small “walkable” items at the end of the show, rather than leaving a complete booth until the next day of tear down. Individual guard service is not provided by HPBA. Order forms for individual booth security service are available in the online Exhibitor Service Manual.
- All equipment and materials removed from the Exhibition floor will require an Equipment Removal Pass. These passes are available from the Main Entrance security guards, as well as the HPBA member services booth, and the Expo badge registration area at the convention center. The door guards will collect these passes for allowance of product removal from the hall. Please visit the Freeman Exhibitor Service desk regarding items that require vehicle pick-up service.
- Any company using an outside contractor for exhibit set-up and tear down must have such personnel registered in advance by completing an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor form from the Exhibitor Service Manual. Special set-up and tear-down passes will be issued onsite for these individuals.
All Exhibitor personnel need to register for badges to enter the exhibit hall. See your badge confirmation email for badge pickup instructions. See www.hpbexpo.com for exhibitor badge registration information.
All exhibitors are required to read through the published Tradeshow Rules & Regulations, which are a part of the accepted Exhibit Space Contract. In addition, exhibitors and attendees are required to follow these special policies:
- Do not provide allotted badges to persons who are not employees or family
- No picture taking without express approval
- No children under 12 on the show floor
- Sales or solicitations by individuals and/or firms not renting booth space in the show are prohibited
- Exhibitors interested in holding a meeting or event during Expo must submit an Ancillary Meeting Request Form for approval
- Alcoholic Beverages Allowed During Show – only after 12:00 noon; must be served by caterer; must submit approval request form to HPBA show management
- No entering other booths unless welcomed; deceptive and/or unethical conduct strictly prohibited
- No conflicting meetings during Expo hours
Exhibitors may report violations to any security staff or HPBA show management staff member.
HPBA and HPBExpo List Solicitation Warning
As with many trade shows, bogus and no-name companies have been contacting HPBExpo exhibitors, attendees, and HPBA members, claiming to represent HPBExpo (and/or leaving out important information so that it is ambiguous whether they represent HPBA/HPBExpo), offering bogus attendee lists or industry contact lists.
As this continues to occur more and more, we want to ensure that you are aware that these companies have NO affiliation with HPBExpo. Please do not purchase any list from any company or individual claiming to have use of HPBExpo’s database, attendees, or contact information, as we do not sell this information and offers such as these are most likely a scam. It is our goal to inform you that you will most likely be contacted, and that you should not respond to these offers. Don’t fall victim to sending money to these firms.
Note: Our official group for housing is onPeak; and our official general contractor is Freeman.
- Send Checks Via Regular Mail to:
Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association, PO Box 412397, Boston, MA 02241-2397
- Pay online by credit card at www.hpba.org
- Call us for electronic payment such as wire transfer, ACH, or electronic funds transfer
Who to Contact
Questions regarding Exhibiting, Booth Payments, Rules & Regulations, etc.: contact HPBA show management.
HPBA is committed to giving your company the best experience. This includes show management working alongside you to maintain the integrity of our show and protect exhibitors from suitcasing. See our Suitcasing Policy.
Sign up now to receive important HPBExpo updates, industry news, and stay on top of valuable opportunities to grow your business at the hearth, patio, and barbecue’s largest showcase event in North America. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
HPBBExpo is open to trade only